Eve Online is a massively multiplayer online role playing game set in a player driven science fiction world within the depths of space. There are thousands of star systems that make up this massive world of space which are connected though star gates. These star systems consist of things such as blackholes, moons, planets and space systems.
There are a ton of online activities that players can participate in while playing Eve Online; the most popular of which are piracy, exploration, trading and even player vs player battles or player vs environment battles. Players can level up their ship just like they would level up a character in a land based MMORPG.
Eve Online has been around since 2003 and became very popular upon its release. It received very good reviews from all online communities and even has won Game of the Year a couple times from very reliable websites. This has truly become one of the best games that can be played online but there is one great downfall. It cost anywhere between $10 – $15 a month to play and that can get pretty pricey. For that reason we have compiled a list of free to play online games that are all space related and share some of the same characteristics that Eve Online does. Check them out and let us know what you think.
Top free games like Eve Online -
- Battlestar Galactica Online – Battlestar Galactica Online is a game based on the famous Battlestar Galactica TV series. This is a browser based massively multiplayer online role playing game set in a 3D fantasy based space environment. The game features two distinct sides called the humans and the cylons. Players can choose a side, as well as a character and ship, and then enter the open world exploring different parts of space while at the same time battling enemies and unlocking new ships, weapons and even new areas of the game. The game features awesome graphics and is an Eve Online look alike. Battlestar Galactica Online was released in Fall of 2010 and has had very good reviews since then.
Features of Battlestar Galactica Online
- Ability to customize your ship to your liking
- Tons of upgrades fore your ship including better weapons and armor
- Awesome 3D graphics (some of the best out there)
- Huge and open world to explore
-Star Trek Online – Star Trek Online is a new massively multiplayer online role playing game that is absolutely sick! This is one of the first games allowing players to battle in space with their own ships as well as beam down to planets and play as your character. The main story of the game is that players are captains of their own ships in a war time universe. You read that right! That means everyone against everyone. Team up with your friends to put together a massive space fleet to take on all the other players in the universe! Star Trek Online features a ton of different ship classes as well as character classes. Character and ship customization are limited but are available. This game is moving to the top of the MMORPG niche and is seriously an amazing game. Check it out and let us know what you think.
Features of Star Trek Online
- Over ten playable races
- Unique skill based crafting system
- Tons of awesome missions to complete with your ship and your character
- Ability to explore new star systems within the game
- Eye catching and out of this world graphics and design, literally
- Pirate Galaxy – Pirate Galaxy is a 3D massively multiplayer online role playing game with a space fantasy based theme to it. Players within this game take the role of a smuggler who steals from others to survive in an alien infested space world where two sides, the humans and the Mantis, are battling it out for ultimate control of the universe. You are simply caught in between this battle and sooner or later you will have to join up with your fellow humans in order to completely destroy the Mantis. Until then, you simply go on missions for shady in game characters and steel for your own good. Pirate Galaxy also has a ton of in game features to offer.
Features of Pirate Galaxy
- Completely free to play and browser based
- Awesome 3D graphics and design
- Vast open world of exploration
- 7 different ship classes each with various ships
- Storyline and player vs player battle game modes