There are a ton of games like Oblivion online that can be played for free and we have a great list of them. Also being known as The Elder Scrolls IV,this game is a single player action RPG that can be played on PC, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. Players’ role while playing is to stop an evil cult from opening the gates to the realm called Oblivion. However, if the players wish, they can explore within this game without actually having to stick to the story line. If the story line is not something you want to follow then the side quests and endless amount of monsters waiting to be slayed will keep you busy.
The landscape and architecture are truly amazing in Oblivion which is one thing that makes it such a great game. They actually based some of the games world off of real life places. This game hit the markets hard selling over 1.7 million copies within a month of being launched. It is no wonder people are looking for some free alternatives similar to it.
Best Free Online Games Like Oblivion
Runes of Magic
Runes of Magic is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game that is said to be a clone of World of Warcraft. It has many quests for players to take part in as well as its open world exploration. There are 8 different character classes as well as 5 characteristics for character customization. Runes of Magic truly has a lot to offer for any gamer out there.
Features of Runes of Magic
- 112 different combinations of classes available
- Player versus Player combat in the form of dueling and battlefields
- Ability to have a magical pet
- 3 different types of dungeons to explore
Drakensang online is a dark themed role playing game where players battle against terrifying monsters and dragons of the Anderworld. This game is completely browser based and no download is required to play. It has many features that oblivion does including things like a unique skill system and full character customization. Drakensang also features a unique and epic story line along with a number of amazing quests to fulfill.
Features of Drakensang
- Extraordinary 3D graphics and design/effects
- Amazing landscape layout filled with evil monsters and dragons
- Work your way through treacherous swamps, caves and forests
- 3 character classes each with unique sub classes
- Huge skill system
Dragon Soul is a 3D fantasy based massively multiplayer online role playing game set in a world where eight kingdoms are at war with one another. Within the game monsters and men are battling for ultimate domination in both player vs player and player vs environment combat. Although Dragon Soul is an MMORPG, it does have classic adventure/RPG elements. There are tons of quests for players to fulfill as well as a vast amount of skills to master.
Features of Dragon Soul
- Over 150 different skills to master
- Ability to raise and evolve pets
- Large scale player vs player battles
- Tons of amazing and unique quests
Age of Conan Unchained
Age of Conan is a fantasy themed massively multiplayer online role playing game that takes place in an ancient world. There is a massive variation of characters to choose from within the game as well as many quests for players to take part in. Age of Conan is made exciting through excellent graphics and a variety of content. Out of this whole list, Age of Conan Unchained has one of the best overall designs.
Features of Age of Conan
- Four races available for character selection as well as 3 classes and even more sub-classes
- Real Combat system (not turned based)
- Ability to take part in large scale siege operations
- Ability to build magnificent cities
Warrior Epic is a role playing game where you start out as a single hero, but are eventually able to hire new ones while playing. When you hire new heroes, you get to store them in the hall where they wait until they are selected. Warrior Epic offers many different missions where you receive rewards for finishing them; you can repeat the missions to try to get more experience and rewards as well. Warrior Epic lets you fight through desserts, jungles, and tombs to find powerful artifacts. I have had problems accessing Warrior Epics website so I am not sure what is going on there. That is kind of disappointing because it might have been the best of all games like Oblivion.
Features of Warrior Epic
- 6 classes of characters to choose from
- One of the more eye catching graphical designs
- Draws most of its inspiration from Diablo
- Very fast paced combat
Path of Exile
Path of Exile is a dark themed role playing game where players take the role of a character who has been exiled from his homeland and now must develop his skills and discover powerful yet magical articfacts around the world in order to survive. This game is full of a realistic but gritty styled theme and gets away from the more cartoony look of most RPG’s.
Features of Path of Exile
- A dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- All levels are randomly generated as well as the items within the levels
- Online ranking and ladders for every mode
- Visceral combat with dozens of combinable skills
- Player vs Player tournaments held all the time
Lord of the Rings Online
Lord of the Rings online is a role playing game based in Middle Earth and is full of adventure. Players can take part in such things as combat, crafting and even owning their own house. With its award winning graphics and massive world of legendary fantasy, Lord of the Rings online is worth checking out.
Features of Lord of the Rings Online
- Free to play up to level 60
- Tons of playable classes to choose from
- Player vs player combat included
- 15 achievable ranks
If these games like Oblivion do not cut it for you, check out our Fallout page!