Want to find some free games like Runescape online? Well you have come to the right place because we have a list of games that you will love. Runescape is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that was released in 2001. It holds the record for most popular free MMORPG in the Guinness Book of World Records. In short, players control their own character and explore the world of Gielinor without following a storyline but instead setting their own goals and objectives. While doing so you can choose to battle other players to prove you are worthy or ignore other players and do your own thing during game-play.
Even with being free, people are still looking for free alternatives to this game for their own reasons, whether it is because they have already mastered it or they are bored of it. Well you have come to the right place. Check out the top free online games like Runescape below.
Best Free Games Like Runescape –
- Forsaken World – This is one of the best massively multiplayer online role playing games out there today that is completely free to play and has a huge player following already! Survival is key throughout your adventure where you will complete challenging quests and even battle other players for ultimate bragging rights and to level up your character as high and fast as possible. The graphics are amazing and the world within is huge. This is my number one pick for a game like Runescape hands down! If you don’t believe me check it out for yourself.
- Wizard 101 – Wizard 101 is a 3D massively multiplayer online role-playing game where players simply take on the role of a wizardry student in order to save the Spiral which is the set of worlds that the game is played in. Players advance or gain experience in the game by taking part in quests which allow them to learn new spells, gain equipment as well as collect gold. Player can also explore the land and battle evil monsters and creatures to gain experience and equipment or gold.
Features of Wizard 101
- Turn based combat system
- Unique game world with multiple areas to explore
- Amazing anime graphics and design
- 7 different magic classes including Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life, Death, and Balance
- Exceptional story line that players can choose to follow or not
- Over 50 different types of creatures to battle throughout the Wizard 101 world
- Wartune – Wartune is an epic massively multiplayer online role playing game that can be played online completely free as well. It mixes features of game such as World of Warcraft as well as something like Civilization. You get to explore a vast world and complete quests while at the same time build your army and city. Combat is played within real time and the graphics of the game are pretty solid. If you are not convinced this is what you are looking for you should at lease check out it. Get through the into and beginning of the game and then decide if its for you!
- Runes of Magic – Runes of Magic is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game that is said to be a World of Warcraft look alike and can easily be compared to Runescape as well. With better graphics and more features, it is a game that needs to be checked out. Runes of Magic allows its players to pick three classes for their characters which allows them to have tons of skills available to them throughout combat. The game also allows for not only unique and challenging quests but also player vs player battles. The ability to obtain your own house is also a possibility and if you are part of a guild you can even buy a castle to use as your head quarters.
Features of Runes of Magic
- Distinctive character customizations
- Over 600 quests to play
- Exceptional Mult-class system
- Many different PvP options
- Player housing available
- 112 possibilities for character classes
- Fiesta – Fiesta is a massively multiplayer online role playing game with out of this world 3D cel-shaded graphics. Its bright colored artsy style theme alone is worth checking out and its gameplay is nothing short of extraordinary either. In my opinion, the best feature that Fiesta has to offer is its awesome item crafting and gathering systems which allows player to collect items throughout their in game explorations and craft weapons and armor with those items. There is also a great skill progression system allowing players to level up there characters very quickly so that they can take on the more challenging quests within the game.
Features of Fiesta
- Very unique item crafting and gathering systems
- Easy use interface as well as easy to learn gameplay
- Vast array of quests to fulfill
- Beautiful cel-shaded graphics giving the game a vibrant and upbeat atmosphere
- Great skill progression system
- Completely free to play
- Cabal Online – Cabal Online is an amazing 3D fantasy based massively multiplayer online role playing game or MMORPG. It has very similar game play to games like Runescape or World of Warcraft. Cabal Online features very high quality graphics and has a ton of in game features for players to check out. There are six character classes for players to choose from when entering the game and the game is always being updated. I do not know how Cabal Online has flown under the radar without blowing up. You got to try this game but before doing so, check out some of the features below.
Features of Cabal Online
- Very unique dueling system implemented with gambling and betting available
- Some of the best and realistic graphics for any online game
- Varied environments throughout the game
- Updated continuously
- Completely free to play
- Conquer Online – Conquer Online is a massively multiplayer online role playing game that has to be the first game you try out of all others. This game has so much to offer including scheduled tournaments and huge guild wars! Conquer Online is very similar to all other MMORPG’s but like I said, it brings some pretty amazing things to the table when it comes to online games. The gameplay is very fast paced and never gets boring. There is also a unique auto walk feature that allows you to complete your quests and open exploration more quickly and a lot easier. With amazingly impressive skill animations and a ton of character class advancements and selections, Conquer Online will always impress you in every area on online gaming. What are you waiting for? Play Conquer Online completely free before the developers decide to start charging!
Features of Conquer Online
- Great game design and graphics
- Very fast paced action packed gameplay
- Vast amount of job advancements and character classes
- Scheduled tournaments and guild battles available
- Completely free to play
- Rappelz – If you are looking for the best free massively multiplayer online role playing game on the market today then you have found it. Rappelz is seriously the sickest game that I have played in a while. It has endless amounts of features including a very in depth pet system, an extensive quest selection and even the ability to own your own dungeon. When I first jumped into this game it seemed to be exactly like all other MMORPG’s out there. The more I played it though, I realized that it is way more in depth then most other games like it. With a dynamic player vs player combat system, over 15 starting classes to choose from and ferocious beasts to battle against such as orcs and dragons, Rappelz is a one of a kind game worth your time to check out.
Features of Rappelz
- Extremely in depth pet system where players can raise, tame and evolve their pets
- Tons of in game mounts to check out
- Vast amount of character classes
- Extensive selection of quests
- Ability to own your own dungeon
- Luvinia - Luvinia is a massively multiplayer online role playing game with a more animated look and feel to it. Even with this cel-shaded graphic look, the game has much to offer its users. It is largely based on a quest system but does offer some player vs player combat. The world of Luvinia is one where two allinaces clash with one another for political reasons and are fighting one another for power. Players choose a side and play the game according to those dynamics.
Features of Luvinia
- Very extensive class system with 15 starting classes each with sub classes
- Gets away from the traditional MMORPG environments and brings a more diverse and unique landscape
- Very bright and artsy styled 3D graphics which are appealing to all
- Player vs player and player vs environment gameplay
- Drakensang - Drakensang is an action role playing game with more of a dark theme to it. It has extraordinary 3D graphics and effects and is played directly through your browser with no download required. In my opinion, Drakensang is a great mix between World of Warcraft and Diablo. It shares many elements that traditional MMORPG’s do but is played more like an RPG. Its plot is based off a brutal war between good and evil and you are stuck right in the middle of it. Savage monsters and treacherous dragons are waiting in every corner of the land within the game for the chance to battle and defeat you. This is easily one of the best games that can be found online and is free to play.
Features of Drakensang
- Epic storyline with countless side quests
- Breathtaking range of landscapes filled with hostile monsters
- Amazing 3D graphics and design
- No download required
- Jade Dynasty – Jade Dynasty is a free to play massively multiplayer online role playing game based largely on ancient Chinese mythology. Gameplay revolves around conflict between six human factions that all want to attaining immortality. For the most part, players take part in quests throughout the world of Jade Dynasty collecting items and battling the other factions. There is however a player vs player system that is available. Jade Dynasty has great graphics and a well thought out storyline.
Features of Jade Dynasty
- 6 factions to choose characters from each with unique skills
- Ability to obtain an train pets
- Multiple ways of travel including teleportation and flying
- Unique refinery system allowing players to improve weapons
- Great 3D graphics with a somewhat unique theme
- Last Chaos – Last Chaos has been around for awhile but has not gotten the hype like it should have. This is one of the first MMORPG’s that Aeria Games published (makers of Grand Fantasia and Eden Eternal) and has recently been modified and updated. With improved graphics and very in depth gameplay, Last Chaos is on its way to the top of all massively multiplayer online role playing games. The style and layout of the game is like most mmorpg’s and is played very similarly. Going on quests and battling massive evil monsters is just a few of the features you can look forward to within the game. Along with that, there is a very extensive class system implemented in as well as high level caps. Last Chaos is also always being added to and updated making for something new for you do check out every week.
Features of Last Chaos
- Very extensive class system
- 5 starting classes with multiple secondary classes on each
- Great graphics and game design which was recently updated
- Vast amount of pets and mounts to check out
- Massive open world with monsters and creatures around every corner
- Completely free to play
- Talisman - Talisman is a massively multiplayer online role playing game with an oriental setting and an interface very much like that of World of Warcraft. Gameplay within Talisman is similar to most other MMORPGs where players simply choose and customize a character and then begin to go on quests and complete challenges while at the same time upgrading and leveling up their characters. Talisman has much to offer its users including things like a great crafting system as well as awesome design and incredibly detailed maps. There is also a great auto walk feature making it easier to get around the world within Talisman. There are 5 character classes for players to choose from including assassins, monks and wizards. There is not much character customization available for players but trust me, the features of Talisman make up for any of its downfalls!
Features of Talisman
- Unique auto walk feature
- Tons of challenging quests to complete
- Great interface and detailed maps
- Unique crafting system
- Wide variety of pet mounts
- Dragon Soul - Dragon Soul is a 3D massively multiplayer online role playing game where monsters and men battle against one another for ultimate domination of the land. This game has much to offer including a vast array of quests, over 150 different skills to master, a unique large scale player vs player battle system and even a unique pet evolving system. Dragon Soul tries to turn a traditional MMORPG into a classic adventure game and does a great job at doing so.
Features of Dragon Soul
- Huge variety of mounts available to players
- Amazing pet evolving system
- Over 150 different skills to master
- Great 3D graphics and design
- Sword 2 – This is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game just like World of Warcraft or Runescape but with a more animated theme too it. What is so great about Sword 2 is you can control up to 3 different characters at the same time. Hand to hand combat or hour long quests, you can choose either in this amazing game.
- Amazing graphics that has won awards
- Multi-character control (up to three players simultaneously)
- Fast-paced gameplay
- Many class options
- Massive PvP and PvE systems
- Florensia – Florensia is a great massively multiplayer online role-playing game that is not that known of but is easily an amazing game. It is completely free to play and within Florensia you can battle either on land or on sea. It has great animation graphics and is full of adventure and fun.
- Great animated graphics
- Discover unknown islands
- Exceptional gameplay on both land and sea
- Strong skill tree system
- 12 different classes to play
- Lords – Lords online is a free to play massively multiplayer online game set in the medieval times. It is largly based on strategy but can easily be compared to Runescape. Within Lords, you can interact with other players and compete with them to gain ultimate glory, fame, power, and wealth.
- High quality graphics
- Strong alliance system
- Player controlled combats
- Many different rewarding quests
- Buy game coins to acquire bonus features
- Sacred Seasons 2 – Sacred Seasons is a great massively multiplayer online role-playing game where you are placed in a land of monsters and evil enemies. The graphics and design of this game are out of this world and is a great replacement game for Runescape if you are looking to get away from it. Team up with your friends and try it now!
- Large number of classes
- Unique minigames
- Battle other players online
- Season features allows different class variations
- Play to unlock new features
You could also take a look at Free Games Like World of Warcraft!
Free Games Like Runescape,